How Technology Helps Us Everyday
There are times when people dislike technology because they feel that it has changed the quality of life so much. People are now dependent on the Internet and it is rare that you will find a household without Internet connection. Everyone would like to communicate with the use of their different gadgets too.
There are some atrocious things that people were able to experience with the use of the internet such as the following:
- Predators who convince some minors to show off their bodies online and then they will be blackmailed after.
- Being cyberbullied by people that they know and even people that they do not know
- Getting their identity stolen so that money can be stolen from them.
Yet, even though there are negative things that technology has enabled, there are also a lot of positives that should not be taken for granted. There are a lot of cool websites that can be checked now that will give notable facts that can help people in their everyday lives. At the same time, there are also some facts that are humorous and can be shared with other people to make conversation in parties and other events.
Here are the other benefits of technology that deserve to be appreciated:
- It is easy to update some notes that are shared within the same group or class. For example, if you share a group with the rest of your English class and you have forgotten what you have to do, simply check the group and you will see what you are looking for. If you need some class notes you have missed, another classmate may upload it so you can check it.
- It allows you to communicate with other people from a different part of the world. Long distance relationship is always hard. It can be hard when you are in a long distance relationship with someone you love and even harder if your family is away from you but the use of technology has made video calling easier so you can see each other face to face as you talk with each other.
- You are able to learn new facts every day. Admittedly, searching for facts may sometimes be complicated because some details are not 100% accurate but you have to admit that it is easier than browsing through different books in the library.
- You will become more productive in what you are doing. Your job may be to file and save different documents. Doing this in person will be complicated. Aside from the possibility of having paper cuts, there is a big chance that it will take a while before you get everything under control. The use of software and different applications on your computer will make filing documents easier and faster.
- There are different things that you can do to become entertained. In the past, you need to go outdoors or get a hobby in order to have some sort of entertainment but right now, all you have to do is turn on your phone and you can play some games that will keep you hooked for hours.
Can you still think of other benefits that technology has provided for people so far? Feel free to share your thoughts.