How to be a Successful Musician: 6 Tips for Independent Artists
There are many people that dream of being musicians, and especially with all the success that is associated with the industry. Many of the musicians that are up there didn’t get there so easily, they had to toil day and night to perfect at their game. Many of them even began their careers when they were little kids and are still struggling to make it. It takes a lot of time and dedication, as well as the right marketing techniques. Knowledge of how to play one or multiple musical instruments is an added advantage. In this article, we are going to look at how to be a successful musician, tips for independent artists.
Connect with fans
It is crucial for every musician to connect with their fans and create a relationship with them. The musician will have to sustain and grow their fans. This can be done through things like killer live shows, connecting with them online through social media pages and blogs, as well as vlogging.
Play to your strengths
Every musician should know where their strengths lie, and focus on them. If they are great on the stage, then that is what they should focus on, in order for them to make money. They should try and concentrate on something that could make their presence go viral.
Brand identity & awareness
They would need to get themselves a brand or identity that is eye catching that they can use in their promotions across various media such as social media sites, posters, flyers, T-shirts, and many more. Strong brand identity is bound to build strong brand awareness, where people would recognize the brand of the musician the moment that they set eyes on it.
Stop waiting for a record label
While you’re busy waiting for the record labels to sign you up, the record labels are busy looking for musicians that are already successful. The best thing would be for independent musicians to focus on their success, and not waiting for a record label to sign them up or it might never happen.
An exclusive guide for selecting the best electronic drum set
Still on the subject of music, we are now going to review some of the best electronic drums that can be found on the market. This is the perfect guide for beginners that want to learn how to play the drums.
Alesis Nitro Kit
This is a drum set that can make you feel like a pro when playing, coming with three dynamic 8” tom pads, an 8” dual-zone snare drum, and a kick drum pad with pedal. It has an unlimited range of playing due to the three 10” cymbals and a crash with choke. It comes with four aluminum mounting racks to keep everything in place, a Nitro electronic drum module with hundreds of percussion sounds, and 40 different kits and 60 built-in play-along tracks.
- Dynamic, comfortable pads for great feel and natural response
- 8″ rubber drum pads (dual-zone snare, three single-zone toms)
- Kick pad tower with bass drum pedal included
- 10″ cymbals: ride cymbal, hi-hat, crash with choke
- 4-post aluminum rack-super solid for stability and flexibility
This is a digital tabletop drum kit that performs like an actual drum set despite the fact that it takes up less space. The player can drum to prerecorded drum kits and songs like soft rock, hard rock, electronic, pop, jazz, or they could record their own. It comes powered by an AC adapter as well as batteries, meaning that it can also be played wirelessly anywhere. This drum set can be plugged into PC’s and laptops.
- LED control display
- Headphone and USB outputs
- Kick, Hi-Hat and DC power inputs
- USB port doubles as MIDI In /Out
- Seven drum pads with touch sensitivity
- Two different voice metronome system
- 215 percussion voices and 128 GM voices
- 25 preset drum kits and five user drum kits
- Dimensions: 19.65″ (L) x 14.5″ (W) x 6.2″ (D)
- Powered by DC 12V adapter or six “C” size batteries
- DC 12V adaptor
- Pair of drumsticks
- Two foot pedals (kick and hi-hat) (laptop not included)
RockJam Electronic Roll Up MIDI Drum Kit
The Rock Jam MIDI Rolling drum kit features 9 drums and cymbal pads that have many different sounds, two pedals that emulate a real drum kit, power supply meaning spending less on batteries, and drum sticks. The drum set also has USB MIDI connection, built-in speakers, and a record function. It is easy to roll up and carry with you anywhere.
- They provide realistic sounds that are similar to non-electric drum kits
- They come with an assortment of sounds: Crash cymbal, high tom, snare, open/close hi-hat, low floor tom, low-mid to, ride cymbal
- USB MIDI connection to upload beads to a PC
- Easily rolled for portability
- Two Pedals
- Power Supply
- Built in speakers
Alesis DM10 X Kit
This premium six-piece professional electronic drum set features 10-inch and 12-inch drum pads, 12-inch, 14-inch, and 16-inch cymbals, top-of-the-line DM10 module and a chrome-plated XRack. It comes with an advanced sequencer and more than 1,000 sounds featuring multi-sample technology, for the ultimate professional experience.
- Heavy-duty, chrome-plated steel rack with hinged, Alesis quick-release clamps.
- Pad clamps feature T-bolts for easy no-tools adjustments.
- More than 1,000 uncompressed, sample-based sounds featuring Dynamic Articulation.
- Works with iPad via Apple USB Adaptor (sold separately).
- Comes with Alesis logo plate.
- Includes fully adjustable snare stand for optimal positioning and crosstalk reduction.
- Integrated cymbal arms, convertible to boom or straight.
- New-look DM10 high-definition drum module with updated appearance.
- This product is class compliant; it does not require drivers.
Yamaha DTX400K Customizable Electronic Drum Set
The Yamaha DTX400K customizable electronic drum set features an acoustic drum, percussion sounds, modern rock drums and electronic tones. The customizable kits can be practiced along with interactive training functions that include a “Voice Guidance” system. People have the option to create their own practice tunes, or to play along with the practice songs that come with the set. Among the upgrades are 3-zone snare, extra crash, and real pedal. The set features 10 legendary drum kits and training functions along with newly developed drum pads, large cymbals and new silent kick unit. It also features a groove check, rhythm gate and measure break.
- It comes with more than 290 different sounds
- It has a compact design that houses ten professional electronic drums
- It comes with a 7.5-inch touch pad
- It features a silent bass kick unit
- 10-inch crash cymbal pad
- 10 different settings such as oak custom, marching and percussion, vintage, maple customer, jazz, session and more
- It comes with a drum throne, a single pair of drum sticks and topnotch JVC headphones
Success doesn’t come easy to those that lack determination and perseverance. By following some of the tips that we provided in the beginning of this article, you could very well be on your way to becoming the next big thing in music. Most musicians learn how to play an instrument, and if you’re a beginner, the drum sets mentioned above are some of the best you can find on the market.